German lessons needed!

Freie Themenauswahl: Diskussion, Fragen und Antworten.
Antworten
cris_b

German lessons needed!

Beitrag von cris_b »

Hello everybody,
I have just registered to this forum and unfortunatly I don't speak at all German.
I am looking for a somebody to teach me and my husband German starting with a very beginner level. The teaching language should be English.
We want to have these German classes twice of week, preferably at our home. We need to reach an intermediate level in around 1.5 year, so this is intended to be a long time "course". If somebody is interested in teaching German or if you you have friends that could be interested in, please contact me as soon as possible. Many thanks, Cristina

PS: Just one more thing: We are living in Espoo :)
cris_b

Re: German lessons needed!

Beitrag von cris_b »

Hello again,
So..nobody is interested in doing some extra-money :)?
We are really willing to learn German, there are so many German guys here.. There are almost no German classes in Helsinki area with the course language English. Maybe only Goethe Institut, but we need more intensive classes.
Any ideea, any suggestions would be appreciate.
Sid

Beitrag von Sid »

Sure they are, but those courses are expensive. Most of the private language institutes offer tailor-made courses, even individual and special topic classes, AAC, Galimatias, Berlitz, Amiedu, Edupoli, WSOY pro etc. I don't claim they all are of good quality :D The target audience are (also due to the costs) normally company customers, not individuals. If someone spends so much money on these courses, then the criteria should be: native speaker and/or background in teaching. Otherwise an experienced tutor is also fine, depending on your expectations. I guess it is possible to offer this as a job through www.aarresaari.net - perhaps some of the Helia Haaga students could be the right choice?

Just curious: why German in Finland? :D
cris_b

Beitrag von cris_b »

Finally an answer, thank you Sid! I am just looking for a person who is able to teach us German. Ideally would be that this person has some teaching background, but this is not a must. A tutor, as you said, is just fine for us. I beleive these language courses that you mentionned are quite expensive, it is not exactly our objective, but thanks for the information anyway.
And the reason...well, in around 1 year and a half, maybe we will not be any more in Finland but in a German speaking country. But there it will be a MUST to speak German. And, finally, German language is beautifull and useful :)
Finnrotti

Beitrag von Finnrotti »

I´d love to do it, but Espoo is too far, sorry :(
Christina
Hans

Beitrag von Hans »

I would like to help you, but we are living in Iitti, 1 and a halve hour away. I am a german guy an my wife (a finnish one) ist studying german language at the University in Kouvola, she is almost ready and nearly perfect. Better then me. The University is moving to Helsinki next year. There are now also other students who study german language and they are mostly all very good in other languages, especialy in english. My wife will come later today and I will ask her for the adress in Helsinki. So you can go to that place and pin a paper at the black wall, or get e conection to those people. I am shure they can help you, they know how to do it and would like to earn a little extra money. I will contact you soon, Good luck, Hans (I will never learn finnish, because everybody is talking english wih me..., be shure, german language is much more easy then finnish!)
cris_b

Beitrag von cris_b »

Thank you, guys, for all suggestions.
I am sure that finally I will find a nice person that will teach us German.
frederike1986

Beitrag von frederike1986 »

Hello! I am interested in teaching german lessons...but I am just a german native speaker, not a teacher or anything. I am living here in Espoo/Suomenoja. Do you have any special subjects you wanna start with or first normal conversation...par exemple how they start in language courses with hello etc...

Kind regards
Frederike
Fey

Beitrag von Fey »

Hello!

I would also like to teach German. Unfortunately I'm not a teacher, just a native speaker but I'm willing to come twice a week to Espoo and I could try to find a good Teaching book so I could read it and prepare to explain the lessons. English is no problem, I'm already so used to it as my boyfriend (Finnish) and I use it as our language :)
If you are interested, just write me a short message!

Anne
cris_b

Beitrag von cris_b »

Hello guys,
Thank you all for your help. I have finally found somebody to teach us German, is a native German speaker with teaching background. I hope in about one year to be able to write you in German :)
zoolkhan

Beitrag von zoolkhan »

cris_b hat geschrieben:Hello again,
So..nobody is interested in doing some extra-money :)?
We are really willing to learn German, there are so many German guys here.. There are almost no German classes in Helsinki area with the course language English. Maybe only Goethe Institut, but we need more intensive classes.
Any ideea, any suggestions would be appreciate.
extra money is nice. but espoo is 1,5 hrs away. sorry chap. you live in the wrong spot.

maybe learn finnish, would make more sense if you live in finland:)

my wife is qualified german teacher, and fluid in english - but either you would have to come here, or youd need to be satisfied with remote means of teachning utilizing teamspeak or skype perhaps, and other remote-collaboration tools of which there are thousands available on the winternet

edit:
duh, saw this late
cris_b hat geschrieben:Hello guys,
Thank you all for your help. I have finally found somebody to teach us German, is a native German speaker with teaching background. I hope in about one year to be able to write you in German :)
Ein Finne ist einer der antwortet wenn er nicht gefragt wird,
fragt wenn nicht geantwortet wird, antwortet nicht wenn gefragt wird.
Antworten